PyWart (Terminolgy): "Class"

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 02:56:08 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really don't like using two words ("define object", or "def obj") and using one single keyword is ambiguous ("object" or "obj"). So the obvious solution is to combine the abbreviated words into one compound keyword that will save keystrokes, save parsing, and all-the-while maintain symmetry. That keyword is "defobj". Coupled with "defmeth" and "deffunc" we now have a symmetrical definition syntax!
>
> deffunc bar():
>    return
>
> defobj Foo():
>     defmeth __init__(self, blah):
>         pass

Awesome! Now, just one more step to make Python into the World's Most
Awesome Language(tm): Replace those lengthy words with single symbols
found in the Unicode set; compress everything down and enforce perfect
Unicode handling. Also, demand that names be one character long, to
enforce creativity by the Mark Rosewater principle. We will then have
a truly wonderful language; everything will be so utterly readable.

ChrisA