ANN: Python training "text movies"

Mitya Sirenef msirenef at lightbird.net
Mon Jan 21 03:31:30 EST 2013

On 01/21/2013 03:07 AM, Franck Ditter wrote:
> Ok I can make my way with  jstmovie. Some remarks and questions :
 >
 > - Use encoding='utf-8' inside open of method __init__ of class Tutorial
 > in jstmovie.py. Otherwise foreign languages are stuck.
 >
 > - To use the software outside Python, we need to have proper indentation
 > as real spaces. We should be able to distinguish Arial type for usual
 > text and fixed font for code.

Not sure I understand about indentation.. You mean like wrapping
everything in a textarea tag? Right now everything is in div,
which leads to all spaces being compressed in html when viewed.

 > - Should have some colors.
 >
 > Wadda wadda <b>yadda</b> # blue annotation

I'm thinking of possibly using something like ReStructured text
and having css styles. Not sure yet.

 > Cool and useful software,
 >
 > franck

Thanks!

  -m

He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and
run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.  Friedrich Nietzsche