ANN: Python training "text movies"

Mitya Sirenef msirenef at lightbird.net
Sun Jan 13 02:08:31 EST 2013

On 01/13/2013 01:35 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 00:11:53  -0500, AK wrote:
 >
 >> I don't know what to call these, so for now I'll call them "training
 >> text movies" until I come up with a better name..
 >>
 >> I hope these will be helpful, especially to new students of Python.
 >>
 >> http://lightbird.net/larks/tmovies.html
 >

 > For the benefit of those who don't have web access at the moment, or who
 > don't like to click on random links they don't know anything about,
would
 > you like to say a few words describing what "text movies" are, and how
 > you think these may be helpful?

Sure: they play back a list of instructions on use of string methods and
list comprehensions along with demonstration in a mock-up of the
interpreter with a different display effect for commands typed into (and
printed out by) the interpeter. The speed can be changed and the
playback can be paused.

  - mitya