Compiling native extensions with Visual Studio 2012?

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Tue Jan 15 09:23:16 EST 2013

Am 12.01.2013 17:06, schrieb Alec Taylor:
> Would be awesome to get these built into stdlib.
>
> Compiling my own versions mostly for virtualenv purposes; though
> sometimes I can't find the binary on:
> http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

Let's see. I've 10 months to work on the PEP + implementation until the
feature freeze of Python 3.4. It's feasible.

Yeah, Christoph Gohlke's work is a time saver! Some people provide
official Windows binaries for their Python packages. I'm in the lucky
position to own a free MSDN subscription from Microsoft for my work on
Python's Core.