PyWart: Module access syntax

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 03:08:25 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Look, maybe nobody has the time to deal with this module, so if you need some help, then feel free to ask for my assistance. All Guido has to do is send me a private email and say:
>
> """ Hello Rick! Your ideas for packaging of Tkinter are interesting, and i would like for you to send a patch over to {0} for immediate consideration. Thanks GvR """.format(destination)

Python's open source. Grab the source, do it, and post! Consider
yourself preemptively invited.

I'm not kidding. You don't need to wait for Guido's invitation to do
something. Just get in there, do something, and (preferably) show an
upgrade path from "current status" to "proposed status" - which might
involve a translation script similar to 2to3 - and people WILL take
notice.

ChrisA