PyWart: Module access syntax

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 23:40:36 EST 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> *The problem:*
> ... is readability. The current dot syntax used ubiquitously in paths is not conveying the proper information to the reader, and in-fact obfuscating the code.

Please explain how this is a problem. As Steven said, there is NO
useful difference. I don't *care* whether it's a package, a module, or
whatever. Module with class with static member? Fine. Package with
module with class? Also fine. Imported special object that uses dunder
methods to simulate either of the above? What's it matter to me, as
long as I get my final result!

Syntactic salt is seldom helpful.

ChrisA