Over 30 types of variables available in python ?

chaouche yacine yacinechaouche at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 18:12:11 EST 2013

booleans
ints, floats, longs, complexes
strings, unicode strings
lists, tuples, dictionaries, dictionary views, sets, frozensets, buffers, bytearrays, slices
functions, methods, code objects,modules,classes, instances, types, nulls (there is exactly one object of type Null which is None), tracebacks, frames
generators, iterators, xranges,
files,

memoryviews,
context managers,

These are all listed in this page http://docs.python.org/2/library/stdtypes.html as built-in types. Am I getting anything wrong here ? I'm a bit confused about it. I have never seen so many types in the few programming languages I saw.