How do you call a function several times in this context??

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Sun Jan 6 15:39:21 EST 2013

On Jan 6, 2013 12:33 PM, "kofi" <ghanashirts4sale at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using python 3.1, I have written a function called "isEvenDigit"
>
> Below is the code for the "isEvenDigit" function:
>
> def isEvenDigit():
>     ste=input("Please input a single character string: ")
>     li=["0","2","4", "6", "8"]
>     if ste in li:
>         print("True")
>     else:
>         print("False")
>
> I am now trying to write a function that takes a string as an argument
and makes several calls to the isEvenDigit function in order to calculate
and return the number of even digits in the string.How do i do this please?
This is what i have done so far.

> def isEvenDigit2():
>     number = input("Enter a digit: ")

Use a loop and call the function in the body of the loop. In this case, you
would use a for loop iterating over number. If you don't know how to use a
for loop, I recommend you do the tutorial at
http://docs.python.org/3.3/tutorial/