Numpy outlier removal

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Sun Jan 6 21:12:23 EST 2013

> In other words: this approach for detecting outliers is nothing more than

> a very rough, and very bad, heuristic, and should be avoided.

Heh, very true but the results will only be used for conversational purposes.
I am making an assumption that the data is normally distributed and I do expect
valid results to all be very nearly the same.

> You can read up more about outlier detection, and the difficulties
> thereof, here:

I much appreciate the links and the thought in the post. I'll admit I didn't
realize outlier detection was as involved.

Again, thanks!
jlc