How to modify this script?

Gertjan Klein gklein at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 8 11:22:38 EST 2013

Thomas Rachel wrote:

> Am 07.01.2013 18:56 schrieb Gertjan Klein:
>
>> (Watch out for line wraps! I don't know how to stop Thunderbird from
>> inserting them.)
>
> Do "insert as quotation" (in German Thunderbird: "Als Zitat einfügen"),
> or Strg-Shift-O. Then it gets inserted with a ">" before and in blue.
>
> Just remove the > and the space after it; the "non-breaking property" is
> kept.

Ah, I didn't think of that, thanks. Laborious but manageable. But:

> Example:

Both your examples are wrapped, in the same way. (I checked the message
source, it's not some setting on my end.) It appears that, although
Thunderbirds editor remembers the "don't wrap" setting, wrapping still
occurs before sending. (The wrapping-before-sending code uses a slightly
different algorithm than the editor too, so messages often look
different after sending. Thunderbirds editor is really bad.)

A last attempt: two (equal) quotes, the second one with the leading "> "
removed:

>           output += ('<td colspan=%s\>' % max_columns) + line + '</td\></tr\>\n'

           output += ('<td colspan=%s\>' % max_columns) + line +

I'm curious how this will come out.

Regards,
Gertjan.