Python programming philosophy

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 17:15:19 EST 2013

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Nac Temha <naccttemha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to learn working principle of python as broadly. How to interpret the
> python?  For example, what is pyc files and when does it occur?
> Can you explain them? Thanks in advance.

The pyc files aren't really a philosophical point, they're just a
cache of the compiled versions of .py files - the assumption being
that if you import it as a module once, chances are you'll import it
again later, and libraries tend not to change much.

For the philosophy of Python, type this at the interactive prompt:

import this

ChrisA