Can't seem to start on this

Kene Meniru Kene.Meniru at illom.org
Thu Jan 3 09:06:55 EST 2013

D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> OK, "global variables" is the clue that you need to rethink this.  Try
> to stay away from global variables as much as possible except for maybe
> some simple setup variables within the same file.  Consider something
> like this instead.

The global variable is not part of the LinearMark object. It will be used by
ALL objects created. I understand the uneasiness with this so maybe I will
make it a function so it will be set with something like:

SnapSize(num)

> In file B:
>
> class TopClass(object):
>   def __init__(self, snap_size, var1 = None, var2 = None):
>     self.snap_size = snap_size
>     self.var1 = var1
>     if var2 is None: self.var2 = 7
>     self.var3 = "GO"
>     self.var4 = "Static string"
>
>     *add class methods here*
>
> In file A:
>
> class MyClass(TopClass):
>     def __init__(self, var1):
>         TopClass.__init__(self, 10, var1, 8)
>         self.var3 = "STOP"
>
> x = MyClass(42)
> x.var4 = "Not so static after all"

As I mentioned, the file "A" can be considered a scene file. I do not want
the user to have to create classes there. I apologize for the lack of code.
I will soon have some python code so my future questions will have some
examples.

Thanks for the comments.