New in Python , Need a Mentor

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 09:29:12 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM, NewbiePythonic <khan.immran at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> I am very new to python and loved the easiness with which we can deal with problems. I would like to take things seriously and develop some good web applications. But right now I am stuck and looking for a mentor who can help me out with improving my skills and knowledge . Looking forward to meet someone who can help me out.

The best mentor for Python is actually your Python interpreter. As a
modern high-level language, Python's pretty helpful at finding
problems - anything that it detects as an error will be reported with
a thrown exception, with full traceback. Get to know your interpreter
via its interactive mode (on Windows, I strongly recommend IDLE - much
better editing/recall facilities than the command-line Python has),
and work through the tutorial:

http://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html

After that, just do things and do things and do more things, and
you'll be Pythonning like an expert in no time... or rather, in about
a week or so. :)

And when you run into difficulties, this newsgroup/mailing list will
be happy to help out. Just remember to post a minimal test-case for
your problem, and *copy and paste* the error message with the full
traceback - that can be the difference between a protracted debugging
session and an almost reflex response from someone who can spot the
problem straight off.

Have fun! The world's a lovely place...

ChrisA