got stuck in equation

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 11:03:19 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:40 AM,  <usamazohad at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi . . my name is usama khan
> i am the student of civil engeering  and we got assignment to make a project program on flexible pavement design using python.
>
> i know very litle about programing. still learning from tutorials. u can call me a beginner.
> now i need to solve this equation so that i can put this in python but the formula of design is very complex
>
> Formula is :
>
> log(W18) = (Z)(S)+9.36log(SN+1) -2.0+(log(dpsi/(4.5-1.5))(/(.40+1094/(SN+1)^2.5)+2.32log(Mr-)-8.07
>
> every thing is constant except this SN. . i want to seperate SN like SN= rest of the stuff. how can i seprate it because manualy its impossible to take SN out.
> so plz help me out

This isn't a Python question, it's an algebra one. I don't know what
Z, S, and so on are, but for the most part, the basic rule of solving
equations applies: Do the same thing to both sides and it's still
true. Work on it until you can isolate SN on one side.

I don't know what this bit means, though:

2.32log(Mr-)

Is this a transcription error? You can't subtract nullness from something.

ChrisA