pygame - importing GL - very bad...

someone newsboost at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 06:00:32 EST 2013

See this code (understand why I commented out first line):

# from OpenGL.GL import *
from OpenGL.GL import glEnable, GL_DEPTH_TEST, \
      glShadeModel, GL_SMOOTH, glClearColor, \
      GL_CULL_FACE, GL_BLEND, glBlendFunc, \
      GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA, \
      glClear, GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT, GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT, \
      glLoadIdentity, glTranslate, glRotate, \
      glMultMatrixf, glPushMatrix, glCallList, \
      glPopMatrix, glDisable, GL_LIGHTING

The reason why I commented out the first line is that I use "pylint" and
it reports: "[W] Redefining built-in 'format'" for this line.

From: http://www.logilab.org/card/pylintfeatures tell:
W0621: Redefining name %r from outer scope (line %s) Used when a
variable's name hide a name defined in the outer scope.

I don't like to redefine already defined names so therefore I had to
outcomment first line and then keep on adding stuff until I could run my
program... But this SUCKS! I can see that pygame hasn't been updated for
a long while - not many users use it? I'm not very happy about this...

Any good / clever solution to this problem, so I avoid this nasty crappy
work-around?

Any ideas / suggestions ?
Thanks.