Considering taking a hammer to the computer...

Matt Jones matt.walker.jones at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 15:46:50 EST 2013

rooms_on_floor is being set by the manual input for each floor iterated
over in your for loop.  My guess is your total_rooms value equals the rooms
from the last floor you processed.  Same goes for the occupied_rooms.
 You'll want a separate variable to increment after each occupied_rooms or
rooms_on_floor is received from the user.

something like...:

rooms_on_floor = int(input("Enter the number of rooms on floor: "))
total_rooms += rooms_on_floor

*Matt Jones*