Store a variable permanently

Mitya Sirenef msirenef at lightbird.net
Thu Feb 28 22:51:25 EST 2013

On 02/28/2013 10:35 PM, eli m wrote:
> So i have a variable called  funds that i want to store the value of even after the program is
exited. My funds variable holds the total value of funds i have. I add a
certain number of funds each time i run the program by entering how much
i want to add. How would i store the funds variable to keep its value?

Take a look at these examples from shelve module doc page:

http://docs.python.org/2/library/shelve.html#example

     -m

Fashion is something barbarous, for it produces innovation without reason
and imitation without benefit.  George Santayana