Why is it impossible to create a compiler than can compile Python to machinecode like C?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Feb 28 17:06:46 EST 2013

The subject line is wrong. There are multiple compilers. Someone just
listed some of them today in another post.

On 2/28/2013 3:50 PM, Matty Sarro wrote:
> Python is an interpreted language, not a compiled language.

A language is just a language. Implementations are implementations*.
That aside, I pretty much agree with the rest of the response.

* For instance, C is usually compiled, but I once used a C interpreter
on unix.

--
Terry Jan Reedy