raw format string in string format method?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:29:14 EST 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Nope please see
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2012-February/116790.html

And there, folks, you have it. The known troll demands its removal, a
core dev says that it's staying.

Percent formatting is a viable parallel to .format(), with some handy
differences - such as the distinction of significant characters, as
proven here.

Both are going to stay, and I'm glad of it!

ChrisA