"Daemonizing" an application.

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 05:52:19 EST 2013

Hello,

Sorry for the obscure title, but I can't make short to explain what I'm searching for. :)

I made an app (kind of proxy) that works without UI within it's process. So far, so good.

Now I need to change "live" some controls of this application, without stopping it.

So my app will be split in two :

* A control app (say "appctl") for a console UI
* A daemon (or agent ?) that runs the core of the app (say "appd"), processing inputs and outputs

What are the best practices to do this ? Examples in a well known Pyhon app I could hack ? Is it possible with standard packages only ?

Thanks in advance fo any pointer.

--
Gilles Lenant