Project Based python tutorials

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Thu Feb 28 05:16:39 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:31:11 AM UTC-6, Alvin Ghouas wrote:
>
> > So, I desided to start learning programming a few months
> > ago and by now i feel pretty confident about the basics of
> > the python language, and programming in general.
> > Variables, loops, conditionals, data structures, methods
> > and even some object oriented programming, are all
> > familiar consepts.
>
> Congratulations on your accomplishment. However, what you describe
> would only be a good grasp of *very* basic and very *generic*
> aspects of programming in general. There is much MUCH more to learn
> before you start authoring a resume to Google or jump head first
> into a large scale open source project.
>
> > As i want to become a better programmer, i figured the
> > next step would be to start working on some bigger and
> > more complex projects.Yet despite my numerouse web searchs
> > for project based tutorials,i cant seem to find any good
> > ones.
>
> Hold on just a minute!
>
> Before you decide to start participating in outside projects may we
> have a list of some of the software you've written for yourself?
> (With all due respect) I very seriously doubt that someone with only
> a "few months" of programming experience is ready for the real
> world.
>
> > I have no trouble with understanding the concepts of
> > programming, however I find it quite difficult to take it
> > to the next "level". So, is there anyone out there willing
> > to share some experience? I would be really grateful.
>
> Well how can we possibly know what "the next level" means to you when
> you failed to offer examples of your experience besides: "loops",
> "variables", "data structures", etc... Please provide a list of the
> types of programs you have written. Have you written any system
> tool? What about GUI applications? What about every programmers wet
> dream: THE WORLDS BEST TEXT EDITOR! What about libraries? Details,
> details!

Rick, aren't you recruiting for you py4000 project ?

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.