Do you feel bad because of the Python docs?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 20:31:50 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Mark Janssen
<dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Steven D'Aprano
>>
>> There's no doubt that one of PHP's strengths, perhaps its biggest
>> strength, is the good state of documentation. But should we feel bad
>> about Python's docs?
>
> I don't think so at all.  I think the python docs are quite well organized.
> Who googles for python knowledge when you can just go to the official site
> and use the doc search?

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not... The python.org search is one
of its weakest attributes; on the main http://python.org/ search, it's
now been replaced by a Google site-search, but the box on the side in
http://docs.python.org/ still gives the annoyingly slow internal
search. So no, I don't go to the official site search, I use Google
(with or without site:python.org to restrict the results - most often
without).

ChrisA