Shebang line on Windows?

Chris Gonnerman chris at gonnerman.org
Mon Feb 25 08:28:53 EST 2013

On 02/25/2013 06:35 AM, Sells, Fred wrote:
> When moving from windows to unix you need to run "dos2unix"   on any programs that use shebang (at least with python 2.6)   that is installed on some platforms but must be installed on others like CentOs but it is in their repository.
Or edit it in Vim and do

:se ff=unix

and then save it.

dos2unix is handy if you don't plan to edit the file for any other
reason.  I'm assuming other editors provide similar features, but I've
been a vi/vim user FOREVER.

Or, borrowed from a Stack Overflow thread here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/800030/remove-carriage-return-in-unix

|sed 's/\r\n$/\n/' mymodule.py > mymodule-unix.py|