Python Newbie

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:48:32 EST 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM, jmfauth <wxjmfauth at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 fév, 20:08, Ethan Furman <et... at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>> On 02/23/2013 10:44 AM, jmfauth wrote:
>>
>> [snip various stupidities]
>>
>> > jmf
>>
>> Peter, jmfauth is one of our resident trolls.  Feel free to ignore him.
>>
>> --
>> ~Ethan~
>
> Sorry, what can say?
> More memory and slow down!
> If you see a progress, I'm seeing a regression.

Potted summary for those who aren't familiar with jmf's trolling:
Python 3.2 had a major bug in its Unicode handling, meaning that
non-BMP characters were mis-handled. Python 3.3 fixes these AND
improves performance on the whole. The complaints are about *very*
specific use-cases, and the overall string-handling benchmarks have
dramatically improved; but more importantly, the bug is fixed.

There, now you too can killfile him without loss.

ChrisA