Python Newbie

piterrr.dolinski at gmail.com piterrr.dolinski at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:46:34 EST 2013

Hi all,

(Ethan, I like your "resident troll" statement. Highly exit-aining!)

Thanks for all the input. I did not expect to get so much constructive feedback, the more so that my initial attitude towards Python has been less than positive, diplomatically speaking.

Yes, it's true that I am trying to write C# code in Python. It is not going to change any time soon, if at all - I have done too much C#ing, C++ing before that and C-ing earlier still. What surprises me a bit is that no one has said one word against C#, as a form of retaliation against me not being in love with Python. And C# does have its share of concerns, like any language. So far I like the community a lot better than Python.

I am trying to learn some Python on my own (besides faffing with it on the job, to use a britishizm). I have discovered today there is no do...while type loop. [Sigh]

Peter