Python Newbie

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 09:05:15 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Rui Maciel <rui.maciel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris Angelico wrote:

>>> The Go programming language makes that style mandatory.
>>
>> [citation needed]
>>
>> What do you mean by "that style"? The OP's style with the 'if'
>> indented? I just checked out golang.org for examples, and they're
>> written in OTBS.
>

> Read Mitya Sirenef's post, specifically the bit I've replied to.

I did read it, and grammatically, your statement means that Go
mandates the OP's style. Hence my statement that golang.org has code
examples in OTBS, ergo Go cannot mandate the OP's style.

Or else golang.org is wrong. That's certainly possible, but you know
what they say about extraordinary claims.

ChrisA