PyQT app accessible over network?

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Mon Feb 25 01:14:46 EST 2013

On 24/02/2013 16:58, Chris Angelico wrote:

[...]

> MySQL has a philosophical structure of "user logs in to app,
> but app logs in to database as superuser regardless of user login".

Out of curiosity, is there anything wrong with that approach?

The project I am developing is a business/accounting application, which
supports multiple database systems - at this stage, PostgreSQL, MS SQL
Server, and sqlite3.

I use exactly the philosophy you describe above. If I relied on the
RDBMS's internal security model, I would have to understand and apply
each one separately.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Frank Millman