** Please Rank These Learning Sources **

Claira waveclaira at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:08:32 EST 2013

The problem: I've done reading (like on quora), and it seems lots of
beginners (and I know first-hand for me), and even for those that have done
4 years at university -- that they say they don't know how to build
something after all the theory and stuff. Even though I'm not going to be a
programmer, in the future, there may be something that would need
programming, so learning what's needed is a good thing. For example, I
thought you could just wave leapmotion.com and it just works, but it's
still 2013. On quora, they say that you need to code for it to actually do
things. Could someone who is good at it rank these sources (or provide a
good one) on how well they solve the problem?

http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/
http://girldevelopit.com/materials
https://developers.google.com/edu/python/
https://www.edx.org/courses/BerkeleyX/CS169.1x/
https://www.udacity.com/course/cs101
https://www.udacity.com/course/cs262
http://anh.cs.luc.edu/python/hands-on/3.1/handsonHtml/
https://www.khanacademy.org/cs/tutorials/programming-basics
http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/python
http://www.learnpython.org

I got rid of a whole bunch that I thought were really really bad like
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Non-Programmer%27s_Tutorial_for_Python_2.6

Really bored really fast. I'm not sure what helpful things I'll like to
build anymore ='(

I'm not subscribed to the list anymore (can't keep up with it, and don't
understand anything). Please cc me :)