working with csv module in python

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Wed Feb 20 06:04:11 EST 2013

On 02/20/2013 05:38 AM, inshu chauhan wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Roland Koebler <r.koebler at yahoo.de> wrote:
>

>> <snip>
>>
>> If you only want to concat the files, I would use some shell-tools,
>> like "cat" on Linux or "copy" on Windows, so
>>
>> copy C:\Users\inshu.chauhan\Desktop\ForModel_600\*.arff
>> C:\Users\inshu.chauhan\Desktop\test2.arff
>>
>> should do it.
>>
>>   <snip>
>>
> Yes I just want to concat the files , not parse/mangle the files.  How can
> i simply read all files in a folder in my computer and write them into a
> single file ? just by 'printf ' is it possible ?

Reread Roland's message, quoted above for your convenience.

Not sure what you mean by printf.  Why would you use C to do it?

If you need to do it in Python, remember you can read a file with the
read() method, and write one with the write() method.  They pay no
attention to newlines, delimiters or anything else.  Just create the
output file, then in a loop open the input files and loop through each
(read doesn't necessarily get the whole thing in one pass)

You'll spend lots more energy on the mechanics of finding the files then
on the copying.  But perhaps the shutil module will have some further
shortcuts.

--
DaveA