Is Python "venerable"?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Feb 19 23:10:30 EST 2013

On Tuesday 19 February 2013 23:09:11 MRAB did opine:

> On 2013-02-20 02:45, Roy Smith wrote:
> > A quote from Computer World (http://tinyurl.com/bxqjed8):
> >
> > "... the Python Software Foundation (PSF) - a non-profit supporting
> > the venerable Python programming language ..."
> >
> > Venerable?  Come on.  Fortran is venerable.  Cobol is venerable.  Old
> > farts use things that are venerable.  I don't want to be an old fart
> > (not that I have much say in the matter).
> >
> > I use Python because I want to be one of the cool kids, doing new hip
> > stuff.  Has the language really progressed to the point where it's
> > being called "venerable"?  If I want to be one of the cool kids, am I
> > now going to have to switch to Lua or Scala or (please, no)
> > JavaScript?
>
> I believe that the cools kids don't use the word "hip" any more.

And even us old (78) farts are calling things Kewl now.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
History is nothing but a collection of fables and useless trifles,
cluttered up with a mass of unnecessary figures and proper names.
		-- Leo Tolstoy
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...