Is there a graphical GUI builder?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:16:09 EST 2013

On 2013-02-21 17:05, Roland Koebler wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> The situation has not substantively changed, but your description of
>> it is not really accurate. There was and still is a "commercial
>> license" which allows for completely proprietary development without
>> needing to allow end users to relink the application against
>> user-supplied versions of Qt. The free license is the LGPL,
> that's not quite correct; things have changed 2009 and Qt now has three
> different licenses:
> - commercial licence
> - GPL (+GPL exceptions)
> - LGPL + Qt LGPL Exception (because of inline-functions/templates)
>    since Qt 4.5

True, there are three options, but this was the case under Nokia too, which was
the time period that Steve was talking about. His description that "Qt isn't
'free' (depending on what you are going to be doing with it)" doesn't apply to
this either. Or the previous iteration under late-period TrollTech, for that matter.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco