Is there a graphical GUI builder?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:49:31 EST 2013

On 02/19/2013 07:53 PM, Roland Koebler wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I'm new to Python and only a hobbyist programmer.  A long time ago
>> I used Microsoft's Visual Basic which had a nice (graphical)
>> facility for creating GUIs which was part of the development
>> environment.  I'm wondering if there's a utility for Python to
>> build GUIs.
> yes, there are several, depending on the GUI-toolkit (GTK+, Qt, ...)
> you want to use.
>
> But I would recommend Glade and the GTK+-Toolkit. Simply search for
> Glade, GTK and Python in your favourite search engine, and you will
> find several tutorials.

I agree that on Linux GTK is pretty darn slick.  I use it for all my
little GUIs.  But on Windows, GTK, particularly under python, isn't
quite as easy to get running.  Just be forewarned.  Doesn't seem to me
that GTK on windows is being developed at the same pace as it is on Linux.

I think if the OP is on windows (which it seems like he is) then Qt with
PySide (using either QML or QtDesigner to manipulate ui files) is an
excellent choice.