Is there a graphical GUI builder?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Wed Feb 20 04:51:53 EST 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:34:50 +0100, Roland Koebler <r.koebler at yahoo.de>

> [q] In Qt, it's also possible to generate such flexible layouts. But
> it's unfortunately not the default way in Qt, and the Qt designer only
> supports it rudimentarily, and in a much less obvious way. And Qt does
> not have such a "container"-concept, where many widgets (e.g. buttons,
> notebook registers etc.) contain other widgets.

I'm sorry but all of that is completely wrong. Using layouts that
automatically adapt to fonts, the size of widgets being laid out etc. is
the default way. You could use explicit sizes and positions if you wanted
to, but that would be bad for the reasons you gave. Qt does have a
container concept - that's what a QWidget is (the base class of all
widgets).

Phil