Python module import failed error

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:46:21 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 4:45 AM,  <matt.doolittle33 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The directory /home/matt/bin contains "multimode_helper.py" and this file path is in the PYTHONPATH.  I still get the import error however. so now that i know the file path is in PYTHONPATH but i am still getting the import error i am really confused here.

Do you understand how Unix environment variables work? You're using
the 'export' command, but that doesn't make any sort of global change
- it still applies only to things done in the same session. (Actually,
your change applies only to children of the shell where you do it...
but never mind that now.) You may do better by putting the export
command into your .bashrc - that would apply to all sessions created
by your user.

ChrisA