improving performance of writing into a pipe

mikprog at gmail.com mikprog at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 05:27:04 EST 2013

> Once you get your script working you can try to provoke errors, and for
>
> those errors you can recover from you can write error handlers. For IOError
>
> and Python < 3.3 that may involve inspecting the errno attribute and
>
> conditionally reraising.

Ok.

> By the way, I don't think

> can work. As a few people already told you the built-in open()

Few people?
I thought Oscar was a singular person, not a group of people :-)
Seriously, I am convinced by that approach (thanks) and I wish to go that way, but the problem I am getting now is that the open fails and then I can't go on.

Also, I am now looking at the subprocess as os.popen seems deprecated.
Any opinion on that?
Thanks for your suggestion.

Mik