Simulation of human body in movement

Nick Mellor thebalancepro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 18:50:47 EST 2013

LOL thanks Rick,

I'm a movement teacher and want to demonstrate how head balance affects the rest of the body. I want to do something simple to start with, probably with blocks, hinges and springs.

Ideally I'd like the simulation to be an interactive, real-time element on a web page. By moving the mouse or pressing keys the user can subtly move the head element and watch how the rest of the body (or set of blocks) needs to adapt to keep balance.

I'm investigating Arboris and the Python Computer Graphics Kit.

http://cgkit.sourceforge.net/

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/arboris/0.1.0pre7

Arboris is a rigid body dynamics and contacts simulator written in python.

[snip]

Arboris is mostly useful for robotic applications and human motion studies. The python language makes it particularly suited for fast-paced development (prototyping) and education.