Python-list Digest, Vol 113, Issue 111

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Mon Feb 18 05:57:53 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hi, I don't know if I should ask this on here, or in the tutor
> section, but I heard that http://www.lighttable.com was an
> innovative IDE, so I was wondering if it works for python since I'm
> learning python over time..... Thanks

Hi,

Please do not use html format when asking this list. And cut any text that is not related to your question (you included a thread that had nothing to do with your question).
And last request, please do not top post.

Anyway, welcome to the list. The IDE you mentioned seems to aim web development and state to support Flask, a python web framework.
I'm not sure it's suitable for general purpose though.
I would also advise a python beginner *not* to use an alpha IDE.

Regarding which is the best IDE for python, the answer is simple, the best IDe is ... no just kidding :p you'll find a tons of flame wars in this list about the best IDE, search the archive for it.

Here's one, I'm not using it but it's quite effective.
http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/eric-screenshots.html

cheers

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.