Exception running GNU module "op25_grc.py" : AttributeError: 'gr_hier_block2_sptr' object has no attribute 'set_callback'

matt.doolittle33 at gmail.com matt.doolittle33 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 09:56:30 EST 2013

> I know nothing about this gnuradio thingie, and you didn't supply a
>
> website url.  I was wondering if the module is even intended to be run
>
> standalone, but I suppose the if __name__ == "__main__"  thing is a clue
>
> that it's supposed to.
>

> I found the mixture of trace lines to confuse the stack trace immensely,
>
> since the exception doesn't occur in the last source line quoted.
>
> Somebody better than I had best jump in and help.
>

> If nobody else jumps in, I'd suggest finding a forum that supports
>
> gnuradio, and ask there.
>

> --
>
> DaveA

Thanks Dave, yes, I too am a little surprised as to why nobody cares to supply a fix, a workaround, or even a hint as why this is going on.  I put the exact same post in the gnu-radio homebrew forum and the moderated closed the thread; I am not sure why because he wouldn't answer me but he closed it. Ive posted this question in so many places with but no luck so far.

As a workaround I removed the block "wxgui_fftsink2", as that block is not integral to the signal processing.  And that is the goal of "op25_grc.py", to decode digital radio signals.  This code block is run in GNU radio companion (GRC) along with many others in the signal processing path . GRC is a GUI where one can manage the code (ie. use a flow graph instead of coding) needed to process radio signals with a personal computer; sort of like the IDEs people use to create executables.  One can create there own processing blocks or use blocks that others have created.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience!   I am going to keep working on this as time allows.