Suggested feature: slice syntax within tuples (or even more generally)?

Andrew Robinson andrew3 at r3dsolutions.com
Mon Feb 25 04:47:31 EST 2013

On 02/25/2013 04:54 PM, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Andrew Robinson
> <andrew3 at r3dsolutions.com> wrote:
>>> Intuitively, it should result in an infinite loop starting at 0.  But
>>> ranges require a stop value for a very good reason -- it should not be
>>> this easy to accidentally create an infinite for loop.
>> and, besides, the same is true with other constructions of loops....
>>
>> while a:  # Damn easy, if a is accidentally true!
> Notice I specifically said an "infinite *for* loop".
OK, so tit for tat.

Notice I already showed an effective *accidental* "infinite" for loop
because I did notice you spoke about a *for* loop.

And, obviously, in the case of the while loop I showed -- it was not
meant to be True forever.
It's a variable, which is subject to change.

I really do respect your opinion; but it's one of about 5 people that
dominate this list, albeit the same spend a lot of time helping others;
Stephen is someone new to me, and I want to encourage his probing of the
issue more than I want to advance my view.

P.S.
I apologize about the e-mail clock, it seems I am sending my local time
again -- and it's different from your timezone; I *wish* the python list
computer would politely adjust it when *accidents* happen, or my OS's
distribution would fix their bug -- but cest la vie.  I limp along with
the status quo for now.