UnicodeEncodeError when not running script from IDE

Magnus Pettersson magpettersson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:40:46 EST 2013

Thanks a lot Steven, you gave me a good AHA experience! :)

Now I understand why I had to use encoding when calling the urllib2! So basically Eclipse PyDev does this in the background for me, and its console supports utf-8, so thats why i never had to think about it before (and why some scripts tends to fail with unicode errors when run outside of the Eclipse IDE).

cheers
Magnus