UnicodeEncodeError when not running script from IDE

Magnus Pettersson magpettersson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:34:29 EST 2013

Ahh so its the actual printing that makes it error out outside of eclipse because its a different terminal that its printing to. Its the default DOS terminal in windows that runs then i run the script with python.exe and i guess its the same when i run with pythonw.exe just that the terminal window is not opened up, only the pyqt gui in this case.

I will try to fix it now when i know what it is :)

I never thought about the terminal, last time i had the same problem i just were playing around for hours with unicode encode and decode and all that not-so-fun stuff :)

Andrew Berg: Thanks, your crystal ball seems to be right :P