Web Testing Frameworks

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:14:43 EST 2013

Hello,

I'm not wanting to start anything here, but I am wanting to automate
testing of my Django-based websites.  A quick search on Google turns up a
number of packages and I would like to know if any stand out from the
others?  Our main sites are used to display a customer dashboard, so my
concerns are is the site up and assessable, are the proper navigational
tabs displayed and is the appropriate information presented when I fill out
a request.  My guess is that is pretty standard for testing a web site?

So,

1.  What framework(s) should I look at?
2.  Where can I get information/documentation/training on how to test a web
site?

Thanks!
--greg