threads and timeout -> running a shell command / want to guard against infinite loops

marcus.liddle at gmail.com marcus.liddle at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 01:28:12 EST 2013

On Tuesday, 19 August 2003 15:01:01 UTC+12, Marcus Liddle  wrote:
> <newbie hat>
>
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to get a really simple python program to
>   run a bash testing script and kill itself if its
>   been running to long (ie infinite loop)
>
> create the thread object - test = TestThread()
> run the command - test.do_command("infloop.bash")
> if t.isAlive(): ...stop it
>
> any good ideas?
>
> cheers
> Marcus
> --
> Senior Assistant [mailto:m.liddle at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz]
> Dept. of  Computer Science    University of Canterbury
> Phone: +64 3  366-7001      ext: 7871      Office: 323
> [  http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~marcus/index.html ]

Well you might try reroute the encryption subprocessors manually, but you'd have to leave the The Code Matrix in order to do that. Have you tried brushing you teeth and putting the cap back on? The things people for SEO huh? It would appear my Author ranked name appears here, so I thought my future-self would reply to my past self, thus applying entanglement theory, wave force particle acceleration to bend the fabric of the universe as we know it, blowing the infinite loop out of existence. -- thank you MrGoogle
-- thank you Marcus Liddle
(no relation to Alice Liddle from the Liddle House)