Logwatch python

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Tue Feb 12 10:22:08 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> In article <1de56e5b-4f9b-477d-a1d4-71e7222a2e4f at googlegroups.com>,
>  Cleuson Alves <cleuson.o at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello, I am trying to run this code, but I get an answer incorrect
> > arguments
> > numbers. someone could put an example of arguments for me to use in
> > the / var
> > / log?
>
> Since the first cave man tried to sort his rock collection into
> descending order of mastodon kills, people have been inventing really
> awesome debugging tools.  One of the earliest, and still near the top
> of
> most people's toolkits is the print statement.
>
> You've got:
>
> >     if options.logfile is None or options.findstring is None or
> >     options.logpos is None:
> >         print("Incorrect arguments numbers.\n")
>
> Start by printing out the values of options.logfile,
> options.findstring,
> and options.logpos.  Then at least you will know which of those three
> is
> causing the problem.

You're being too sarcastic, this guy 's just invented options that are not optional, show some respect :)

To the OP : you forgot to specify one or more of the 3 mandatory options
--logfile
--logpos
--find

Check your command line.

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.