LangWart: Method congestion from mutate multiplicty

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 21:05:36 EST 2013

On Feb 11, 9:59 am, Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> We don't add features because of logic, or because of consistency,
> or even because of good sense, we simply add them to appease the masses.

When "logic" or "good sense" are writing programs, maybe then we'll
listen more to what they want in a language.

"Good sense" would dictate that someone actually read documentation
when dealing with a new programming language. "Logic" would indicate
that expecting things outside of your control to confirm with your
intuition is a fool's game; I highly recommend not reading up on any
modern physics as there'll be plenty there that just makes you angry.

PS pragmatism is a perfectly valid philosophical approach too. Far
more practical than more "pure" approaches, and something something
foolish consistency blah blah small minds.