LangWart: Method congestion from mutate multiplicty

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 23:20:23 EST 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> My point was this: All mutate methods should mutate "in-place", if the programmer wishes to create a mutated copy of the object, then the programmer should /explicitly/ create a copy of the object and then apply the correct mutator method to the copy.

I agree. And we can go further and declare that there is only one data
type, the simple integer; you have an infinite number of them, and all
you can do is mutate them in place. You don't need variable names
either; just have one single array that represents your whole
namespace, and work with positions in that array. And don't bother
with actual positions, even - with a single pointer, you could manage
everything.

Forget this silly mess of data types, methods, global functions, and
so on. Let's simplify things massively!

Ook. Ook!

ChrisA