Implicit conversion to boolean in if and while statements

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 08:28:16 EST 2013

On Monday, February 11, 2013 6:50:03 AM UTC-6, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Rick Johnson
> > Well i would expect anyone who considers himself a
> > python programmer (not to mention "pythonista"!) to at
> > minimum be familiar with the stdlib. [...]
>
> [...]
>
> If there is anyone here who can honestly boast knowing the ENTIRE
> stdlib of a language the size of Python, I would be impressed. Very
> impressed.

I am sure there are quite a few Chris. But if you expect to around making statements like: "Python does not have typed arrays", then don't get all upset when someone corrects you.

Maybe, before you go and pop your mouth off next time, if it isn't too much trouble, i mean, i don't want you to get a cramp in your wrist or a blister on your finger, much less a headache reading a few lines of documentation, but if is not too much to ask, "Mr. Angelico", i would suggest you stuff this tiny little code snippet into your favorite Python interpreter and run it!

py> help('modules')

See, some python functions are useful.