Implicit conversion to boolean in if and while statements

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 16:24:30 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Your confusion may stem from interpreting "constant" as the CS term "CONSTANT"[1]; whereby the objects in the tuple are programming CONSTANTS, that is, unable to change.

Uhh, yeah. Not being Humpty Dumpty, I interpret "constants" to mean
"things that won't change". (Or, eliding the second t, as "I've found
a friend". But I digress.) There's just something about that word
"constant" that really suggests a meaning of "constant".

ChrisA