Implicit conversion to boolean in if and while statements

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 08:35:23 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am vehemently against using more than one "opening seq char" and one "closing seq char". ... we could use start and end tags like:
>
>   set{1,2,3}set
>
> where "set{" and "}set" are delimiters.

Interesting. So what you're actually against is the symbols. Okay. I
have a bit of a Scheme (rubs hands together with glee) for you. We can
thtandardithe on jutht one thymbol pair and uthe wordth for the retht.
And to make it clear that thith ith no function call, we'll put the
word *inthide* the parenthetheth.

(set 1 2 3)
(dict 1 2 3 4)   ; implicitly pairs up the arguments
(tuple 1 2)
(list 1 2 3 4)    ; This seems like a real good idea.

ChrisA