which situations should we use thread. join() ?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 01:29:43 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM, iMath <redstone-cold at 163.com> wrote:
> which situations should we use thread. join() ?
> http://bpaste.net/show/yBDGfrlU7BDDpvEZEHmo/
>  why do we not put thread. join() in this code ?

I've no idea why you don't put thread.join() in that code. Maybe
because it isn't needed, maybe because someone likes to live on the
edge, maybe it's not so much "the edge" as positively cloud cuckoo
land. When should you use it? When you want to accomplish what the
function does, the details of which can be found in the Fine Manual.
Actually, you probably know already what it does, or you wouldn't even
be asking.

ChrisA